Monday, December 22, 2008

A Bitter Sweet Day


I want to tell my sister that Im so thankful for taking such wonderful care of our dogs for the past four months. Dogs are such funny little creatures that tug on all kinds of emotions. Today we had to say goodbye to Koda, indeed not a easy task. It's hard to talk about, although Amy and I are both sure that it was the best thing to do. The lady who adopted him, seems to be willing to open up her mind and heart to understand his corky personanlity. Collai on the other hand has adjusted well to Hawaii. I never want to let her go she is my little sweetie. Again, thank you again to the Collins family. you rock

3 comments:

Amy Collins said...

Oh little Koda...that was a tough thing to do, but I know it was better for him. Thanks for the opportunity for having the dogs here, it was a great learning experience for the family. The kids loved the dogs, and it is sort of weird not having them here to watch them play with now....miis you guys!

Brant and Amanda said...

How come you had to give Koda away?

Angela said...

We had such a hard time getting our dogs to Hawaii. Money was a huge part, and Koda being a breeder is very aggressive and pocessive. We were afraid of getting him over here and then having to find a new home because of his disposition. Amy found him a wonderful home with a Lady who knows animals.....she was willing to deal with his corks and love him reguardless. I wish I was still on the mainland, because we would have kept him with us. My mom helped us with Collai money wise, and for that Im so thankful. She is such a sweet little thing, oh and she might even be pregnant!