Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Wonderful Time of The Year

I really do love this time of year. Christmas is my very favorite followed closely by 4Th of July. Our military community has embraced the holiday with lights everywhere. It's really nice to be in a neighborhood that does that. I made a batch of sugar cookies, although I have a love affair with eggnog, so I changed out some ingredients to satisfy my eggnog desires. It turned out really well, the cookies are great. But eggnog is really only one reason why I love this time of year. There is truly a spirit of the Savior that floods every city in the world, as people do what the Savior always did, Love, give and give some more. Charity is the true love of Christ and when we give it radiates and grows. So many people give in so many ways this time of year. Whether its treats to the neighbors, or cards to friends and family to say Merry Christmas, volunteering to help those less fortunate, and every ones favorite "giving gifts". Though this time has a special feeling in the air because of all love going around. Some do not feel it, they are lonely and for what ever reason they have heavy hearts. My prayers go out to them to find peace within. love to all- Oh and here is some pictures from our Christmas's long long ago. Enjoy

3 comments:

Amy Collins said...

Those pictures of Lucy with Santa are so funny. I love the slide show, but it makes me miss you guys a lot.

RevJohnMarksCAR said...

Hi Angela!! Just got your christmas card and had to check out you blog!! I love it! I keep sending you christmas cards but they keep getting returned b/c you move so much. You can check out my blog -www.claynheidi.blogspot.com

Briana Ward said...

Hi Angela,
Debbie Craig told me to check out your blog. I love your cute pictures!!! Hope you guys are well and enjoying your visit with family! See you later.
Briana