Monday, March 9, 2009

What A Sad Night! Oh And I Love This Song....sorry about that one bad word!

Ok, maybe that title is a little extreme considering the circumstances. Although those who know my son know that he has a slight problem with forming habits. I guess you could call it OCD. Although seriously the last thing he needs is another diagnosis. Well anyways, back to my point. We have let his hair grow out since moving to Hawaii, and really fell in love with his thick beautiful brown curls. Jeremy was even getting a little jealous that he cant grow his longer too. One big problem.....it was time for all of us to say goodbye to the locks. Kya could not stop twirling his hair until he put a knot in it. It seemed to me the more we reminded him the more it continued. We even tried putting a hat on him....he still found a spot in the back he could twirl. I normally wouldn't make such a deal about it, although his hair was falling out. I know that with Kya habits don't break by themselves. So last night I cut all his hair off. I gave him a nice hair cut, but when he looked in the mirror he flipped out. I kind of expected it and actually besides telling me he wasn't going to leave the house for two weeks he did ok. He looks handsome, of course he is my son, but he has the most beautiful big green eyes and now that his hair is all gone you can see them. Even Lucy told him he looked great that says alot coming from the fashion queen. Hes funny too because before he left the house this morning he told me everyone was going to laugh at him.....although I thought about who those people might be, and they all have the same hair do as Kya. In fact he was the only one in his class that had long hair.
Sorry no photo....it was sort of late last night

1 comment:

Amy Collins said...

That boy, he is so funny. You did the right thing, what if he would have got his finger caught in his hair and his finger had to come off. Ok, that was dumb...sorry I haven't had much adult interaction today.