Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One More Thing....


Summer has been difficult for me........
Basically my only explanation for it is that when the kids loose their structure they don't know what to do with them selves. I think that is what is going on with Kya. My poor son does suffer from bi-polar disorder, and although there could be worse things to deal with, it's never easy to watch your child struggle no matter what the issue is. His moods have been horrible and tiring to deal with, he has no appetite, sudden burst of physical anger, both Lucy and I really struggle during the day with him. I love him so much and as a mother I just try to be understanding although somewhat disciplinary as well (it's a delicate balance) I'm trying to think of some things to make the day a little more stable for him.....but it's just not the same as what he had at school.
All this being said, we took the kids to Planet Hollywood tonight for dinner. It's a big deal for us because we never go out to restaurants. I took a couple of pictures with my phone because it was so nice to see him smile, eating and taking interest to where we were. Oh and the food was so good!

2 comments:

Amy Collins said...

I wish I were closer to help out. You are such a good, understanding mommy Ang, hang in there. Give the kids a hug and kiss from me, I miss them.

stacey said...

I love this picture. I always worry about displine and structure I just think that is part of mommyhood.