Saturday, October 18, 2008

I can't believe the "Shooka van" is gone

The insurance company is calling the van a total loss because the damage done exceeds the worth of the vechicle. This van was bought brand new in 2000 by Amy and Bryan. They have so many memories in this car.......so many children came home from the hospital in this van, rode trips taken for birthdays, holidays and graduations. It hit a few bumps in the mechanical department but it was strong and pulled through. I don't know why I call the van Shooka, besides the fact it looks kind of like a killer whale. Amy and Bryan sold this van to us over two years ago. And it was such a blessing for us, unfortunatly we never were able to pay them in full before transmission went out. But I will pay you back.......I promise. We always felt that we needed to keep it going....so we did all necessary repairs to do so. I feel horrible that the legacy of Shooka is over. And yes it's a just a van.......but to me everything that passes in my life deserves a proper eulogy. Goodnight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's true that everything in your life that passes-you say a fitting goodbye. I STILL can't sing a certain hymn because it reminds me of your fish funeral story! That's what makes you such a great person-you care deeply about things and people that no one else does. Don't let go of that! It makes you who you are. Sorry about the van-I hope you can get something new that you will make memories with your family!

Amy Collins said...

I can't believe you killed my van, j/k. I have missed it though, you were riding in style you know. Alright you know I'm just being a punk right now. Everything happens for a reason, and who knows maybe you would have been stuck with that thing through another mechanical problem you know. I'm just glad you got some good time in it.

Rayna said...

hey, you've been Boo-ed! check out my site!