Friday, November 28, 2008

Tom The Turkey was Terrific

Well I did it.....I prepared my first real Thanksgiving dinner. I don't think it was exactly how I imagined. I would have liked to have had some family there to partake as well. But despite that the turkey cooked wonderfully and the yams were great. Lucy (no surprise) only ate olives. Kya was in love with the food that was cute. Our friend Melissa joined us for dinner so that was nice to have someone else to share dinner with.
Okay that was that....just when I was so proud of myself. We went to a friends house for another Thanksgiving dinner tonight. She was an amazing cook....yes she blew me out of the water. Her yams consisted of three different colored yams that I didn't even know existed, and they were divine. So was everything else. The one thing that made me still feel good in a weird way was that Lucy didn't eat any of her dinner either. So I had something goind for me. It was a nice evening eating and getting to know new friends better.
Well my body wants me to shut down now...ta ta

No comments: