Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break is Coming To An End!


I just realized how long it has been since I blogged last. We do have a little catching up to do. The kids have been home on spring break the last two weeks. I complain sometimes about that but really I would rather have them here then be alone so much during the day. They have enjoyed playing outside with all the neighborhood kiddos, starting piano lessons (thanks to Briana), scout pinewood derby races (and yes even me and Lucy were a little involved in that one and perhaps the highlight for them getting new awesome bikes for Easter (thank you so much mema). Speaking of Easter.............what are you suppose to say to the Easter Bunny when you sit on his lap. I wasn't going to pay for a picture with the Easter Bunny today at the Nex, although I couldn't resist. Lucy was so happy to see him....she smiled ear to ear and I think just thought he was so cute and cuddly. I don't think she knew what to say, and truthfully I didn't know what she was suppose to say either. Maybe "GoodLuck hoppying around hiding eggs!" Well anyways, I talked Kya into taking a picture too, I told him I would make sure to hurry that way noone he knew would see him sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap. At least the fur ball did give him a high five and not a hug.
Jeremy has been enjoying a short kind of special duty assignment here at Pearl Harbor.
I admire him for doing it, he joined the Navy Colorguard team. Here is a picture that made the local Navy News with a picture of him doing a full burial for a Pearl Harbor Survivor. This assignment ends next week, and it's back to the language world of Chinese and what ever else he wants to speak. We celebrate our 9th anniversary next week....Im so thankful for him, I love him.
I was hoping to go home and visit Amy and the new little guy. It's made me a little on the sad side that I have not been able to get home. The weird part is, Lucy actually feels the same way I do. But she helped me work on odd jobs around here to keep our minds busy. I finially got Easter dresses done and sent off to my beautiful neices between those and selling on my Etsy site I stay quite busy sewing. Well it is getting late. I love you all!

2 comments:

Amy Collins said...

That is so cool that Jeremy could be a part of that burial at Pearl Harbor. I know I wrote on FB, but Lucy looks so much older, man I miss those kiddos. Glad you survived spring break, we are starting ours next week...wish me luck. Love ya all!

CoffeeGrind said...

I admire Jeremy's involvement, thats a lot of commitment for one so young. Good for you guys for encouraging that. As for spring break, Ben finally has his next week. I'm going over the hill (which is a actually a 3 hour trip, one way) to get him for the week. Sweet! Glad to see all is well.