Monday, September 22, 2008

It's About Time To Write

I spend everyday on the Internet reading blogs from others. I read stories that impress me so much and in many ways, keep my emotions in check. Hawaii is suppose to be a breath of fresh air and new start. Those who are close to us know that we have really struggled to try to keep afloat financially. We foreclosed on our two houses in Colorado this summer.......but it is far from over. The debts are too much for us to bear and we see nasty alternatives to rectify them. Where is the manual on life that you can open up and tells you what exactly you should do next so we dont have to make what seems like mistake number 100. I know our faith can help us, so right now I try to say as intune with my inner self to seek guidance.
This is where all those other blogs come in......my trials seem much less painful to those I have read about. A friend lost her mother (something too trerribly painful to imagine), another young mom lost two legs, an arm and went blind while giving birth, and another young mom my age is in critical condition suffering burns 80% of her body, and another young mother who surprisingly is pregnant with her fifth child despite the stress of money and the financial responsibility of having children (how do you grow to love something that you didnt expect to happen).
Perhaps that is the biggest lesson of all............how do we learn to love or at least deal with what we dont expect to happen.
Maybe its true what they say in the church, burdens are easier to deal with when you let the savior share them with you. His light and love has saved me out of some pretty dark moments in my life. So that is my pledge to myself in Hawaii. The new fresh start will have nothing to do with money (like I thought it would) rather it will be a much closer relationship with the Savior. Let the courts take what they want, they can never take the greatest gift of all which is my testimony and love for my savior, family and close friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see that you are not one of those people who blames Heavenly Father when things go wrong. I still have a problem with that sometimes. I hope that things go well for you in Hawaii. I know it's hard for you but hang in there. We'll have to plan out a girl's trip for next spring or summer to come out and visit you. It'll be so much fun and give us all something to look forward to! Take care, my friend. =)