Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Last Few Days in Monterey



Yes, the movers will be here tomorrow to start packing. And for the most part I think we are ready. We have been trying to keep ourselves busy and not stressed out. Jeremy past all of his tests with great scores and will be speaking at his graduation. He will also be up for the prestigious commandant's award. I'm very proud of him. He also left his mark here by starting up a safe driving program for people who drink a little too much and need rides. That has been going for about two months, and since that time there has been no drunk driving incidents for the Navy.
We also went to Laguna Seca raceway with Jeremy's Grandmother and watched some old fashion cars race(1940's-1950's). Then we had dinner at a famous seafood restaurant in Moss Landing. When we walked on the beach there we could see why it was called Moss Landing.
My cute daughter is so in love with the puppy that we had to bring it to preschool. The children were so happy. And Lucy was like a proud mama, on the way home her eyes welled up with tears and told me that she didn't want to move because then she would have to say goodbye to the puppy. But I told her that she would just have to say "see you later" not "goodbye". Auntie Amy is keeping all the puppy and will love it all the same.
This past week we also drove to Oakland and wished our car bon voyage, then we took the kids to the Oakland Temple. They were really impressed. We even accidentally went out the emergency door at the visitors center and set the alarm off. I wanted to stay and make sure everything was going to be ok, but Jeremy said we should make a run for it.......well not run but just go. Then we went to the mausoleum where my deceased Grandparents and Late Uncle are resting. I think the kids were creeped out by it all. Although I was filled with a flood of memories from when I was kid. It was a huge place, my mom was on the phone guiding us through what seem to be a maze. She did a great job. Although I was glad I finially made it there, I also felt a little guilty that it's been so long since I was there.
Our last final event of that day was Jeremy's class graduation party. So on our way home we stopped by that. Well I think this is long enough. I feel time is short for me these days, but I had a chance this morning to catch up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Jeremy! That is pretty impressive; and I think it's great that it did that drunk driving program.

It sounds like you had a nice fun day in Oakland together. It made me laugh how you said your kids were creeped out by the mausoleum; I totally understand that.

Good luck in moving; I know it's hard for you to go, but I'll get a job at the airlines and then we can all come out and visit you. That would be so much fun! It's weird, but I feel like I'll miss you more since you are moving further away. Is that strange? I just miss you no matter where you are. =)

Amy Collins said...

Jeremy has done a fantastic job, he is so smart and focused. I wish we could be there for his graduation ceremony, I would love to hear his speech. The pictures are great, looks like it was a nice day. I can't believe everything is happening this week!!!