Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Momma always wins!

Well last night I was trying to put my slide shoe on the blog, and I was having troubles with my music player (like always). This time I thought I would ask Jeremy to help me, although he just ended up deleting my template completely. So tonight I was just trying to find something that I liked. I'm not sure I really like the one I chose....just bare with the indecisiveness.
So my biggest event of the day went almost exactly how I was hoping it would'nt go but it did! I had to take Lucy and Kya to the lab to get blood drawn. You would think Kya with his anxiety disorder that he would be a wreck. Oh no, he did great....a little nervous although had it under control. Lucy on the other hand went into fit mode before she has to go to the room. She ran behind the lobby chairs and just started to cry, shout at me, and scream how she was not going anywhere but home. I was really frustrated, and Im a very stubborn person, Lucy was not going to win this fight. So ten minutes of brivery was failing I had one more thing that popped in my mind to do. I looked at the nurse and told her to get ready in the room. Then I told Lucy "that's it, we are going home." She quickly came out from behind the chairs and I grabbed her. I told her that I wanted to walk around the corner and look at something. I had her trust......so I started to walk away from the lab, then turned quickly around carrying her back into the lab room. Lucy was getting upset, so I told her that I wanted to talk to the nurse about her hair color! (I know it was random, but it was the first thing that came to my mind). I casually started to talk to the nurse about her hair then sat down on the table wrapped my leg around her legs.......and they did what they needed. She was screaming but at least we got it done and when she needs to get into school, she can! I told her later that I was sorry for lying to her, and she told me that it was ok. Like I always tell Kya, I told her I will always win!

No comments: