Monday, November 3, 2008

Talk about being thrown off course

Okay, so we had a great fun trip to California and now we are back home trying to get back in the swing of things. I still feel unorganized here at the house. Im still trying to figure out what should go where so that I dont have to look at clutter everyday. So by now you are probably wondering where Im going with all this. Well I needed to go do some errands today around 12:15.....drove right by the elementary school and thought "hummm weird that the school bus if there so early". But I just continued on my way. Then about an hour later I returned home and as I was driving into my court I saw Lucy. She was sitting in the neighbors garage playing with the other kids. Then I saw Kya...I was way confused. They weren't suppose to be home until 2:30. Well long story short, it was a half day and they went home and found I wasn't there. I guess they hung out there for a little bit then decided to go to our neighbors house. I was so thankful to her for taking care of them for me. I felt horrible and a little stupid that I didn't know they had a half day. (would explain the bus I saw early at the school)
So tonight I got organized even more, so that these retarded things don't happen again. We are also going to go over a telephone lesson tomorrow so the kids can call me when this happens.

1 comment:

Amy Collins said...

Nice, you know that was the holy ghost in your head when you saw that buses right?? That is funny I have had so many moments like that, well not where I forget the kids, but you know what I mean. I'm glad that neighbor was home. Maybe you should post the phone numbers right next to the phone so they can find them easier... I should do that samething.